Laser MicroMap™ System
High-Resolution, Non-Contact Surface Mapping
Modular and Expandable
The Laser MicroMap™ system is designed to be compatible with virtually any commercial or custom sensor delivery system. This allows our customers to use existing probe pushers, pipe crawlers and custom manipulators ï¿½ so system costs are kept to a minimum.
We also designed the Laser MicroMapsystem architecture to be expandable ― allowing for the later addition of other sensors or delivery units, as well as integration of complimentary technologies such as eddy-current and ultrasonics. Numerous sensors have been developed with both bobbin and single-point rotating eddy current probes for probe location and complimentary flaw detection.
A typical system is composed of the following components:
- LP-4210 Contol Unit - for laser control and detector signal processing
- Data Acquisition Station with LaserViewer™ software - a field-worthy or desktop computer with system control and data acquisition boards and our proprietaryLaserViewer™ software
- Sensor - one (or more) of our laser-based NDT sensors
- Sensor Delivery Mechanism - an off-the-shelf or custom delivery mechanism, or an interface to a customer's pre-exisitng delivery system
The Laser MicroMap™ system can be configured for a wide variety of applications, using one or more of our core technologies. We offer standard rotary and fixed sensors for inspecting tubing, large pipes, flat plates and complex surfaces. For customers with specific configuration requirements or unusual environmental conditions, we can build a custom sensor or delivery unit without redesigning the full system.
For each Laser MicroMap™ system LTC builds, we select each of the main components according to our customer's needs. See the following pages for more information about our standard and custom systems:
- Laser MicroMap™ 3D Profiler
- Laser MicroMap™ Tube Inspection System
- Custom Laser MicroMap™Systems